Utility Designer – Gas
£32,000 + pension + benefits
Our client are a leading Multi-Utility contractor who, due to growth of the team, are currently looking for 2 Gas Designers/Estimators who will report directly to the Design and Technical Manager. The successful candidate will be required to produce designs in line with industry standards, adopting specific utility requirements and ensuring compliance with the requirements of Health and Safety legislation.
The Designer/Estimator will cover the complete life cycle of the design process from engagement of the client to the operational handover ensuring all approvals are in place.
• Design gas networks to the following standards:
o IGEM/TD/3 edition 5 2014
o IGEM/TD/4 edition 4 2007
o IGEM/TD/13 edition 2 2011
o IGEM/GL/1 edition 2 2005
o IGEM/TD/101 edition 2 2009
o Select pipeline routes in accordance with NJUG Guidelines
o Log project details in accordance with the Quality Management System
o Incorporate CDM requirements.
• Cost designs, optimising the best cost option.
• Submit quotations to customers.
• Effectively liaise with clients, project managers and colleagues within the design team.
• Maintaining technical quality whilst ensuring the timely delivery of projects.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to the Operations Department, ensuring the effective delivery of design solutions.
• Ensure all licenses, permissions and orders are in place in sufficient time to allow construction to progress to schedule.
Training & Experience:
• Qualified Incorporated Engineer within IGEM is preferable.
• Knowledge of the Gas Act, CDM, NRSWA, Gas Safety Installation & Use Regulations and a good working knowledge of IGE publications and an understanding of legal requirements relating to both design and quotation activities.
• Competent in the use and understanding of Adopting Networks specifications, Codes of Practice, Policies and Procedures.
• Strong verbal and written communications.
• Able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering projects to consistently high standard and to programme.
• AutoCAD and GASWorks experience preferable.