Temporary Part – Time Import/Export Clerk
£10.76p/h – On- going Contract
Due to Brexit an exciting new Part- Time Import/Export Clerk role has arisen with my client, a global leader in their field. The main responsibilities of the role are to co-ordinate workflows in the shipping and distribution department to ensure the transport and delivery of customer orders to UK and all locations overseas is undertaken accurately, cost effectively and in a timely way with the correct documentation
Mon-Fri for approximately 3-4 hours a day, the company are flexible on the times but approx 9:30 to 12:30 would be ideal.
The company are hoping to have someone in place by mid – end of November
- Ensuring that all clearance processes are completed in a complaint and timely manner.
- Support the team with Import and Export processes
- Report to the Line manger and to help set-up and maintain new processes as required.
- Processing Export orders and entering them onto internal system to create delivery notes.
- Send out order acknowledgements for all orders and providing customers with order updates and delivery scheduling.
- Complete all administration in relation to the export documentation, such as, invoices, packing documents, certificates and other specific documents in relation to the product and industry.
- Liaising with general customers, suppliers, agents, ports, shipping lines & airlines, making sure all documentation is correct.
Requirements for the role:
- Previous experience in Export/import essential
- Basic knowledge of Incoterms
- Experience with import/export documentation
- Familiarity with customs procedures
- SAP experience desirable
- HMRC – Customs declarations experience, Imports and exports.
- ‘Attention to detail’ is very important to ensure the business is compliant
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize workloads.
- Small and Friendly team
- Easily Accessible location with Free On-site parking