Temporary Facilities Assistant
Award Winning Firm
Leeds City Centre
Our client an award-winning law firm are looking for a facilities assistant to join their team throughout a busy period.
Duties will include;
- Facilitate the delivery of all workplace related services within the Leeds office whilst ensuring client requirements are met and their needs are anticipated at all times.
- A proactive approach to inspecting the site on a daily basis, problem diagnosis and raising jobs for any further work ensuring that all tasks are completed within Health & Safety guidelines.
- Carry out data collection across the site as required to establish usage for an improved work space.
- Receive, log and distribute deliveries from Royal Mail and other couriers and prepare internal and external mail for collection.
- Ensure the smooth running of the records management system, filing and archiving, carry out file recall requests and looking after the onsite file retention area, ensuring it remains secure and in line with current retention and destruction policy.
- Monitor copier paper levels and stationery stock in all areas of the office and replace where necessary. Place stationery orders and maintain adequate stock levels without stock-piling.
- Portering, escorting contractors, site cleanliness, tidiness and responding to the Facilities team’s intercom.
- Carry out front of house meeting room set up and set down when required.
- Full responsibility for regularly updating colleagues and clients, face to face or via email, on progress of tasks.
- Proactive ‘visual maintenance’ of communal floor areas, including break out areas, staircases, vending areas, hot desk areas, touch down areas and stationery/copier points, engaging with the relevant members of the Facilities team as appropriate.
- Report issues through the Mitie helpdesk as and when they occur, ensuring that all service requests reported are monitored and completed satisfactorily within your area and within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Report any hazards, near misses, areas of concern or any unsafe working to the Faciltiies Manager ensuring Quality, Health & Safety and Environment is at the forefront of everything you do.
- The postholder may be required to be trained as a Fire Warden and carry out the associated duties.