Senior Complaints Handler
Up to £24,000 + Company Benefits
Bradford – Onsite Parking
Our client a well-established and highly regarded Financial Services business are looking to recruit a Senor Complaints Handler to join their small but very important complaints team.
In this role, you will be investigating, resolving and reporting on complaints that have been escalated via the various areas of the business that are front line talking with customers, as well as complaints directly coming into the team.
As the senior in the team, you will also be working closely alongside the Complaints Manager and will act as their go-to person to support the other members of the team and complex queries, supporting with looking into root causes of complaints and liaising with other departments within the company to bring new ideas of how these issues can be addressed.
This is a new role within the team and a very exciting opportunity for an experienced complaints handler to be able to take a step up. Working within an environment where your voice can be heard and where you will be able to make a real impact on a team.
Office working hours are M – F 8:45am – 5:00pm
Key duties include:
- Handling the more complex complaints the come into the team inducing assisting with FOS and Motor Ombudsman referred complaints.
- Assisting the Complaints Manager with GDPR and DSAR issues
- Liaising with internal team to try and reduce the complaint volumes
- Deputising for the Complaint Manager in her absence
- Investigation, resolution and reporting of all customer-related complaints
- Inputting all complaints onto the complaint database accurately ensuring all data is up-to-date. Escalate all unresolved issues/complaints to the Complaints Manager
- Acting as the main point of contact for customer complaints, liaising with operational colleagues ensuring that customers are kept fully informed of progress at all times
- To ensure all policies and procedures relating to customer complaints are followed and adhered to
- Ensure the policies and procedures are updated so they easily become part of the customer experience as a result of issues identified from complaints
- To work with the Complaints Manager to ensure that the learning needs of staff in relation to complaints handling are identified and that appropriate training is provided.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience of FS complaint handling including FOS referred complaints
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle and defuse conflict situations and react calmly
- Sound problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter, willing and able to act on own initiative, as well as work within a team
- Ability to think strategically and see the bigger picture
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload
- Effective communicator with the ability to persuade and influence others
- A professional approach at all times with the ability to listen to the views of others and respond appropriately.