Ocean Import Operations Executive
£25,000 – £28,000 DOE
- Global Business
- Career Progression
- Free Parking
My client is extremely reputable multi-million pound company based on Manchester, who provide shipping solutions worldwide, and are consistently growing at a rapid pace. As a leading global provider of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions, they are seeking an experienced Ocean Import Operations Consultant to handle the import process from start to finish for a multitude of clients.
- Regularly communicating with customers to update the status of their shipments.
- Liaising with origin offices and managing any new bookings
- Receiving pre-alerts and creating a file for each shipment
- Requesting information from customers for the submission to the customs
- Creating jobs in the operating systems, submitting customs clearance using ICE.
- Processing shipping line invoices for payment prior to delivery
- Ensuring original documents are posted accordingly for release
- Updating and maintaining customer schedules
- Completing the costing and invoicing of customer files.
- Supporting management and BDM’s by providing your experienced knowledge
- Working effectively with other team members to ensure a positive environment
- Previous exposure within Ocean Imports, Air Imports and Exports
- Proven track record in operational procedures within logistics
- Excellent customer care, customer management and organisational skills
- Adept with system use and data including tracking shipments, alerts etc.