- Office based role
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Excellent facilities & convenient city centre location
- Convenient working hours
Our client is one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing Insurance companies in the market. Their aim is to keep the quality of service high and prices low through new innovative ideas which set them aside from their competitors. Since they were established over 10 years ago they have become one of the most dynamic personal insurers in the market.
As an Insurance Motor Image Engineer, you will evaluate (via detailed images / through your knowledge) damage sustained to Motor Vehicles. From this evaluation you will negotiate repair costs and settlements with repairers, customers and other third parties. You will be managing the repair cost to minimise expenditure on Motor Insurance Claims and identifying possible fraudulent cases based on damage sustained.
- Thoroughly check motor claim details signs of possible fraudulent cases.
- Achieve the most cost effective settlement for the customer/company.
- Where a settlement has not been reached ensure all options have been considered.
- Handle and process more complex repair assessments/valuations up to £17,500
- Work within guidelines and agreed timescales, paying attention to cost control.
- Authorise body (structural / chassis) and mechanical damage to agreed limits.
- Deputise for the Technical Motor Engineer and Engineering Services Team Leader
- Answer all incoming call enquiries in an efficient and customer focused way
- Resolve complex complaints from customers and act as a referral point
- In depth motor trade knowledge in a body repair / mechanical environment.
- A motor vehicle apprenticeship (preferred)
- In depth Audatex knowledge / awareness of other estimating systems.
- Understanding of Thatcham principles and methods.
- Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level and Computer skills (including the Internet).
- Awareness of fraud indicators and VDA approved (preferred)
- City and Guilds / NVQ level 1 and 2 (Body or Mechanical)
The purpose of this role is to monitor, trace and recover the Company’s outlay owed to them by the Third Party or their insurance company. Once referred by the Notification team you will initiate the process to ascertain whether the recovery is viable and ensure its’ handled efficiently. The Recoveries Team pursue the Third Party and/or their insurers directly or through solicitors and will carry out checks to ensure the monies are recovered accurately and expediently.
- Knowledge of general claims handling (Motor/RTA)
- GCSE level Maths, English – Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Financial Services Authority (FSA) and Regulatory compliance.