Business Development Manager
£35,000 – £40,000 basic with £50,000 OTE
UK’s largest regional business media company outside London, reaching over 500,000 business leaders every month and growing daily. Looking to expand and bringing a new opportunity for a Field Based Business Development Manager to increase sales and revenue in the Yorkshire territory. Must have strong B2B experience and be passionate about acquiring new business.
- To keep abreast of all company products and services and have an in-depth knowledge of them in order to market and sell effectively.
- Develop a defined Yorkshire territory with a mix of existing clients, new business prospects and leads
- Increase revenues from existing clients and secure support from new clients through strong consultative sales skills
- Secure advertising, sponsorship and leaflet revenues for the magazines, sponsorship for our range of business events, and banner advertising and sponsorship of our range of online products & services.
- Take new products to the market when they are launched.
- To be able to use the company CRM system to its maximum benefit to regularly market and update clients.
- To coordinate with the local editorial team to plan future editorial features and event initiatives
- To take the initiative and be proactive in coming forward with innovative ideas which could benefit the team and wider company.
- Ideally minimum 2 – 3 years of work experience working within a dynamic organisation in a business to business sales capacity
- Previous experience working within advertising also advantageous but not essential.
- Ability and confidence to communicate effectively and interact at all levels.
- Strong motivation and drive to succeed to maximum potential.
- Innovative and creative with a natural curiosity to hunt for new business opportunities.
- Persuasive personality with a hard headed approach – somebody who is not easily defeated!
- Competitive personality who enjoys beating the competition.
- Perceptive, diplomatic, resourceful, mature
- Patient, persuasive & sense of humour
- Strong communicator & negotiation skills