£17,500-20,000 dependant on experience
Full Time – 40hours
Our client, a well-established facilities management company a looking for a Purchasing Administrator due to growth within the team. The successful purchasing administrator applicant will be joining a very ambitious company with exciting progression and a great team.
Ideally you will have experience of working within a similar role either within an existing facilities management business or have complimentary skills from the building/maintenance trade. Experience from within the housing and hospitality market would also be a distinct advantage.
Role responsibilities but not limited to:-
- Sourcing and purchasing of materials & hiring of plant machinery in order to carry out contracted works
- Responsible for providing costings for quotes and estimating
- Assisting the field engineers with sourcing & purchasing materials whilst on site
- Highly proactive, confident, outgoing and be looking for a busy and progressive role within a purchasing and admin environment
- Working within a small, yet brilliant team, you will work as a vital team player to ensure materials and suppliers are well co-ordinated to deliver to our sites on time and on budget
- first point of contact for all suppliers; answering calls and emails and inputting details into the system and providing feedback to all areas of the business on activities as required
- Maintain and build relationships with suppliers whilst accurately monitoring all supplier costs, data and the approved supplier list
- Sourcing of new suppliers and the monitoring of supplier performance
- Investigate and take corrective action if purchased materials do not meet specified requirements or fail to get to site
- Your role will include other administrative duties which will see you supporting other departments including
The role will involve you learning different aspects of the purchasing department with a chance for progression as the Company continues to grow.
You will use best practices to improve processes and policies in support of the Company goal.
In all, this role is varied in its scope and will offer the successful candidate a great experience of working in a procurement and operations role.
Essential skills, training & key competencies
- Industry relevant experience
- Confident with Excel and Word
- Knowledge of project management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Planning and organising
- Decision making
- Communication skills
- Team work
- Drive and ambition