Assistant Legal Cashier
My client are an established Solicitors based in Manchester and have office across the UK. They’re looking to hire an Assistant Legal Cashier to join the Finance function and support the Senior Legal Cashier. To ensure that the accounting procedures are adhered to, assist fee earners with costs collection and to provide support on the firm’s accounting procedures.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
- Undertaking daily banking functions
- Administration of petty cash
- Processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings.
- Processing of UK Bank transfers
- Assisting with billing, client and office journals and write offs.
- Assist with processing of credit card transactions.
- Assist Purchase Ledger clerk with processing invoices.
- Carrying out any other reasonable tasks as might be required from time to time.
- Previous relevant experience gained within a legal practice or professional services will be highly advantageous.
- An understanding and/or working knowledge of Solicitor Accounts rules will be highly advantageous.
For this you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 plus benefits and progression