Finance Assistant – Temp to Perm
£9.00 – £10.00 per hour
Our client is a charity organisation currently looking for a Finance Assistant to support the Payroll department. You will be part of a busy team experience in Finance and Accounts is essential the main purpose of the role is to process Purchase Ledger invoices, ensuring that all invoices are compliant with the company procedures. Duties will include;
- The role will involve following up any noncompliant invoices with external suppliers and internal departments as appropriate.
- To assist in ensuring the effective running and co-ordination of finance administration, including the maintenance of manual and computerised records.
- To input financial data into spreadsheets and reports and to ensure that both the computerised and manual filing systems are up to date and to archive documents when required.
- To take ownership of purchase ledger accounts within your portfolio with the assistance of the team of Finance Administrators and the support of the Team Manager.
- To identify and raise queries on invoices
- To keep a clear and up to date log of queries for each supplier. To ensure that suppliers are regularly updated on the status of their queries and advised of any action or additional information required to resolve the queries.
- To manage query resolutions in a timely manner, ensuring full compliance with company guidelines has been reached.
- To support junior staff in managing workflow to ensure all agency staff invoices are processed accurately and efficiently.
- To liaise with other internal teams where necessary to resolve queries and identify any processing issues that may occur.
- To maintain good working relationships with suppliers and provide a high level of customer care, ensuring all agreements are up to date allowing a prompt and professional response to all phone and written enquiries.
- To review statements sent by suppliers and chase up any invoices which have not been processed, and any which are overdue for payment and awaiting authorisation.
- To organise the weekly payment of invoices ensuring older invoices are prioritised.
- o ensure that all suppliers receive sufficient payment while working within the weekly budget.
- To work to resolve complaints and to escalate to the Accounts Payable Manager where appropriate.
- To support the Accounts Payable Manager with training junior staff in the processes and procedures used within the department.
- To work with the team to develop and maintain information and monitoring systems which are accurate and up to date at all times adhering to data protection.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the agreed policy. To work in accordance with the framework for the Data Protection Act.
- To file correspondence and other paperwork.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 year’s experience in a finance role with good working knowledge of accounting systems such as Sage and Excel. You must be eager to learn with good attention to detail with the ability to pick things up quickly. This is an excellent opportunity to for the right candidate and could lead to a permanent role. You must be available for an immediate start.
Due to high levels of applications, if you do not hear back from us within a week, your application has not been successful – Many Thanks