My client are a $100B Leading Global Utilities business based in Manchester city Centre. They’re looking to hire Credit Controllers to join their growing team in their newly appointed offices in a vibrant part of the city. Joining a team of 11 other Credit Controllers and reporting into a Credit Manager, responsibilities will include chasing overdue payments, processing card payments, converting customers to pay by Direct Debit and resolving queries with support from other teams.
- Effective control over collections and management of total debt to meet agreed targets
- Resolving all credit control and collections issues efficiently and effectively
- Manage high volume of emails/calls, both incoming and outgoing, in a timely manner
- Ensure customer accounts are properly reconciled on a monthly basis, working with other teams to clarify and clear any issues
- Meeting with Sales and internal departments to resolve account issues
- Taking payments by debit or credit card
- Negotiating and liaising with third parties agents including debt recovery agencies, solicitors, meter disconnection specialists and our credit insurers
- Regular ledger review to ensure potential bad debts are identified and escalated for disconnection
- Review monthly bad debts to ensure provisions are appropriately calculated in the ledge
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are key
- Results/target driven with the ability to define, measure and audit KPIs
- Experience of working in a busy office environment and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy is imperative
- Previous knowledge of SAP (desirable)
For this you will receive a competitive salary of £22,000 base + 10% Bonus with excellent benefits and progression.