Manchester City Centre Role
Dynamic and Growing Business with Global aspirations
Study and full career support offered
As the Assistant Accountant within the Finance team, you will be responsible for processing and reporting of sales, bank and sales credit control, processing supplier payments, maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers and dealing with client queries.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- To act on behalf of Head of Finance and Financial Services department.
- To assist in the preparation and provision of accurate and timely information to Managers, the development of accounting procedures to facilitate and enhance the production of financial information and the production and monitoring budgets.
- To assist in the production of accurate and timely detailed financial operating statements and balance sheets on a monthly basis.
- To assist in the production of detailed financial information including key performance indicators.
- Provide cover for the financial review of the monthly payroll.
- Provide training and liaise with users of the accounting system and development of relevant reports in conjunction with the Head of Finance.
- Preparation and maintenance of fixed asset postings and depreciation calculations.
- Responsibility for the maintenance and integrity of the General Ledger, including overall supervision of control account reconciliations.
- Completion of workings and assistance with the overall preparation of the Annual Accounts and Financial Statements.
- Production of statistical information for insurance declarations and other statistical returns.
- Provide financial information for ad hoc projects as they arise
The below captures what we believe are the key qualifications, skills and characteristics that you will need to demonstrate, to thrive and succeed in the role:
- Graduate ideally in finance or business related subject.
- Successfully passed some initial examinations of a recognised accountancy body.
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically advanced Excel.
- Strong systems, process and analytical skills.
- The energy and ability to work accurately, deliver high standards and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: You need be able to work well with colleagues across the business.
- Commercial: A passion for business and real drive for its and your continued success.