Excellent career progression opportunities
Better than average salary
This is a great opportunity for somebody wishing to join a growing and exciting Contractor Accountancy firm to help drive forward the business whilst developing your own skills and experience. You will play a key role in managing your own portfolio of clients as well as helping to develop the growth of an exciting new business.
- Managing your own client portfolio (Contractors and Freelancers).
- Preparation of Year-end Accounts.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Returns and Personal Tax Returns.
- PAYE and VAT preparation.
- Giving advice regarding IR35 contract reviews and all other regulatory and accountancy issues.
- Meeting the demands of clients, handling telephone and e-mail queries.
- Ensuring clients’ accounts are kept fully up to date.
- Securing new clients.
- Keeping fully up to date with new tax laws, rules and regulations.
- Helping with technical input into marketing projects as required.
- Performing research (marketing and technical) when required.
- Helping to implement the growth strategy of the company.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a qualified Contractor Accountant, or similar role.
- Good IT Literacy, especially strong in Excel and Word.
- Proven experience of working with bookkeeping software.
- Strong systems and process experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Personable, presentable and articulate.
- Ability to develop good relationships and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, ambitious and is used to working to targets.
What you will get
- Very competitive salary.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- Strong career development prospects.
- Opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic young business.
The salary for the role is £20,000 to £24,000, with the addition of study support.