Entrepreneurial Motor Trade Accountant
Travel to London Showrooms
Freedom to work with new systems
A 3-branch prestigious car dealership with a turnover of 20 million is looking for an ambitious, versatile candidate who can be involved operationally with the running of the day to day trade as well as organise all the accounts across the core brand. In a related business, there is full support and senior finance professional’s, however, this is looking for someone to implement systems and find solutions. The scope for the role exciting. If you have a passion for cars and accounts this is a fantastic role for you.
Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- To ensure effective financial control of the business and escalation of any concerns to the Brand Financial Controller.
- Ensuring that all accounting and administrative tasks within your area of responsibility are carried out in line with company procedures.
- To ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are completed in line with group requirements.
- To ensure that all finance house reconciliations are completed monthly on a schedule
- To assist with the production of the year-end accounts pack including the debtors’ analysis and tax pack.
- To provide ad-hoc accounting information as requested by internal stakeholders and during the annual audit.
- To critically evaluate and identify opportunities for process improvements within the accounts department
- To work closely with key internal stakeholders and to escalate any concerns to senior management.
- To be a point of contact with the accounts department for any account’s issues.
- To provide cover and support for the Accounts Assistant, Purchasing Controller and Sales Ledger Controller.
- To personify the Company Values at all times and contribute to the motivation, performance and behaviours of the accounts team.
- Look after the commission of the sales people’s figures
- Report figures and sales to DVLA
- Occasionally deal with Customer Financials and follow up questions.
Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and/ or
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
WOULD CONSIDER PART QUALIFIED
Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in accounting/finance desirable